My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Judgement Day


So for those of you with your heads in the sand...there are a few people that think the rapture is coming tonight. They came up with this based on dates and calculations from a few verses in the Bible. However, I think they are crazy! Anyone that has read the bible and believes it has read Matthew 24:36 "36“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself.k Only the Father knows." Trust me if I truly thought that tonight would be my last day on Earth then I would not of woke up and spent the morning getting my butt kicked by my trainer. I would of flew to Hawaii and sipped Pina Coladas and ate donuts today. But, since I don't think the rapture is tonight, I feel like I faced my judgement day with Tammye this morning instead. Trust me, you don't want to face her wrath! Sometimes I think she gets joy out of watching the looks of pain on my face that I give her after she says what we are going to do next. Really??

We started out with a 1.2 mile run; the entire thing is practically up hill. It kills me, as I always feel like the first mile is the hardest anyway. When we reach our destination it is a big set of 120 stairs. We do the first time up them just regular as you would climb any stairs, the second time we do doubles (skipping every other step), the third time we go up sideways leading with our right and the 4th time we go up leading with our left. Today I did it 8 times, so 960 stairs! This is a lot of stairs. Typically there are about 16 stairs in a flight, so this is equivalent to climbing 60 stories. Did you hear what I just said? 60 STORIES! This is like climbing half way up the empire state building. After we finished the grueling stairs then we run back to the gym. I will admit that it is easier since now it is more downhill.

I have been trying to work on my form when running. I spend a lot of energy bouncing up and down trying to run slow. My trainer has been encouraging to pull my shoulders back, put my head up and stay lower to the ground taking longer strides. It is hard but I am working on it. I do see why I get tired so quickly though. I take twice as many steps to go the same distance and waste too much time bouncing.

Once we get back to the gym we did a strength circuit that lasted about 45 minutes. A couple of the moves we did today were kind of hard for me and I didn't feel like my form was perfect so I asked my friend Kelly if I could take her picture for my blog. They are below. We also did some modified exercises of some of the moves I showed in my earlier exercises posts. Today we did star cruches but held a dumbbell. I will try to post some modifications.

It was a great workout. Feels good to accomplish something first thing on a Saturday morning.
I am glad that I don't have to fear the real judgement day and the best part about it is that if that day ever comes then I will have my perfect, healthy body! Till then I guess I will just have to keep trying to improve what I have. Happy Judgement Day!

Tricep hover
(This is kind of a combo between a plank and a push-up but you place hands a little closer together and further back, hold 10-30 seconds. For more of a challenge try to lift your leg, alternating)



Elevated Plank with Hydrant
(With feet elevated get in plank position, make sure to keep your butt down parallel to the ground. Then pull your knee in to your chest and then out in a hydrant position, then switch legs. Do this 10x on each side)



No comments:

Post a Comment