My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 2: Weigh In

So, I lost another 1.9 pounds this week.  Not what I was hoping for but at least it is moving in the right direction.  I would really like to lose a minimum of 2 each week.  I really need to teach myself to only weigh once a week because the fluctuations from looking every day can really mess with you.  How can one semi bad day make you gain 3 pounds or one really good day make you lose 4?  I do believe that it is calories in and calories out overtime but your body changes daily with water and this weight can be so confusing.

So what is the exact science behind losing weight?  Most people don't truly understand that it is math!  A single pound is 3500 calories.  So if you want to lose a pound you have to burn 3500 calories more than you take it.  I want to lose 2 pounds a week so that means that I have to burn 7000 more than I take in within the week.  If you break that down then it is about a 1000 calorie deficit every day.  You can achieve this one of three ways: eat less, exercise more or a combo of both.  The combo is the easiest.  It would be hard to eat that few calories or exercise that much but if you do both!  That is great!
I will post more about this soon.  I want to cover things like basal metabolic rate and how many calories are in carbs, protein, fats, etc.  These are all things that people should understand, even if you aren't trying to lose weight.  It is basic science!

I am so close to a new threshold on my weight were the digit in the 10's place goes down.  I am going to try very very hard to make it there this week.  I'll need to lose a full 2 pounds!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment