My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chop and Shop

So, while my friends were here I learned about a new concept. It is called a personal shopper. I had never heard of it. My friend Liz told me about it. It is where you pay someone a fee (around $150) to go shopping with you and pick out clothes for you. They know current style, are excellent and sizing, colors, etc. I kind of thought the idea was absurd since it was so expensive but my friend Liz had some really cute clothes and she inspired me. We seem to get stuck in a rut. Do you notice that you wear the same 10 outfits and just regurgitate them over and over again. Or have you ever liked a shirt so much that you went back and bought it in another color? This is totally against everything a personal shopper's thinking. They want each outfit to be unique and not just a copycat.

I haven't went clothes shopping in forever! I can't even remember the last time I bought some business casual outfits. I did buy a dress for Maggie's wedding but that was it. So......I talked my friends into being my personal shoppers...for free! We went to my favorite store, New York & Company. They were having a great sale. We didn't get there until 8:30PM and they closed at 9. My friends and I ran around like crazy and I tried on tons of clothes. I ended the night with 4 great outfits. Nothing that I would have bought on my own. The best part about it, is that I only spent $200 and the regular bill would have been well over $400. I got everything for about half off. These outfits were a good deal too because they all had three pieces, like a pair of pants, shirt and sweater or pants, shell and blouse. It was very fun and it was great to get some confidence and feel good good in some new clothes. It was also great to be able to fit into the pants with no trouble and to even have to buy a shirt in a large instead of an extra large.

I also hacked my hair off while they were here. I now have a chin length a-line bob. It is cute! A little shorter than I expected but it will look great in a month! It is way healthier now. I got rid of some old highlights with the cut and now I am just back to my natural color. I will take a picture soon.

1 comment:

  1. L-U-C-K-Y GIRL!!! What a fun little shopping spree! And it sounds like you got all sorts of fun goodies!! Post that hair pic soon! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete