Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Pick 2-4 of the exercises below to make a circuit.
Do 30 (beginner) – 45 (intermediate)- or 60 (advanced) seconds of each
Rest 30 seconds between each of the exercises
Rest a full minute after you finish the 1st complete circuit
Then Repeat the same circuit 2-3 times.
Next pick 2-4 more exercises to make a 2nd circuit and follow same rules!
Aim for 15-25 minutes total.
Warmup stretches are a must!
- Hopscotch – stay in squat and jump forward and back, make an X
- Jumping Jacks
- Speed skater – side to side jump, touch ground
- Suicide runs
- Butt kicks- run in place, kicking rear with heels
- Squat thrust or Burpee – squat, touch ground, jump feet to plank and jump back up
- Plyometric/Jumping lunges
- High Knees-run in place bringing knees up
- Squat Jumps
- Football Run
- Star Jumps
- Mountain Climber
- Jump Rope-you do not need a jump rope to do this
- Plank Jacks
- Fast Walking Lunges
- Prone Cross Toe Touch – hands and feet, kick leg under and through and touch toe
- Kettle Bell swing (can be done with dumbbell)
- Fast Pushups
- Scissor runs
- Shadow boxing (squat while doing punches)
- Med Ball Slams – squat and straight arm slam ball down
- Med Ball Jump Throws – squat and jump up at same time throw ball in air
- Alternating Step ups fast
- Oblique/Torso twist jumps
- Shuffle Run sideways
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
I've done a lot with these two and have lots and lots of great memories. And I've had even more laughs and lots of secrets. When ever I used to come to town poor Travis always got booted from bed because me and the girls would have slumber parties. Now when I come to town it isn't quite the same since they are all grown up but they still always make it a priority for us to all spend some time together.
I love you guys! Good luck with all your exciting things that are soon to be happening in your future. Ashley, I know you will make the most beautiful bride & Shae I know you will be an amazing mom. Thanks for all the love and acceptance you both have given me. I appreciate all of your support! Love you more than you know and am so proud of you both. XOXO.
2 Chicken breasts (cut into small strips), I let the chicken marinade for several hours in a large ziploc baggie.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cilantro (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 cups sliced mushroom
- 1 onion sliced thin
Put chicken with about half the marinade in a skillet and cook until chicken is tender and no pink (remove chicken)
Add vegetables and put lid on skillet for 1-2 minutes
Add chicken back to skillet and cook until all liquid is evaporated and chicken and veggies begin to brown.
Serve with fajita size tortillas, avocado slices, tomatoes, salsa and low fat sour cream
For perfect tortillas put them in a pie plate with a damp paper towel or tea towel and cover with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes. I also made some instant spanish rice to serve with these but you could also do a side of fat free refried beans or black beans.