- 1 2.5-3.5 Lb Pork Roast (I use Pork Loin and trim off any fat)
- 1/2 finely chopped fresh onion or 2 TBSP dry onion
- 1 medium-large can of green enchilada sauce
- 2 small cans of diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- avocado, sour cream, cilantro (optional garnish)
Put your roast & onions in the crock pot with about a half cup of water or chicken broth. Let it cook on high for about 3-4 hours. Drain off any liquid (I use a turkey baster to suck it all out but if you don't have one you can ladle it out). Mix all of your other ingredients together and poor on top of the roast. Let it cook for another hour (maybe more depending on size of roast and your croc-pot). Shred the roast and serve with soft taco size tortillas. It may be a little soupy but that is okay. Just serve with a slotted spoon, it will ensure that the meat doesn't get dry. Garnish with light sour cream, avocado and fresh cilantro.
**Tip: If you are in a hurry, cut your roast in half or in quarters. It will help it cook faster and you are going to shred it any way. I shred mine by putting it in my kitchen aid mixer with the metal paddle. It shreds pork and chicken very easily.