My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, September 2, 2013

Hello Old Blog

Well, I am not sure why but I have been missing the accountability of my blog.  I still have not reached my goal of losing 100 pounds.  I have had lots of major set backs and some gains and have finally lost again and can start to see the goal in sight.  I only have about 30 pounds to go!  I was thinking that maybe if I started blogging about it again that I would keep myself more in check.  I am hoping to blog every day for the month of September.  I actually became a Zumba instructor almost a year ago and I need to prove to myself as well as to my students that this is the best way to live.  In order to kick start myself and it should be a hell of a quick start I have gave myself a challenge.

The past 10 days my mother-in-law, father-in-law and nephew have been visiting from Idaho.  My mother in law has recently given up wheat for many reasons and while I don't feel like it is a lifestyle change for me I do feel like it would help jump start me to give it up for a while.  I had read the wheat belly diet a while back and I do think that there is some validity to it.  However, my weakness has always been sugar!  So I know that I really need to put that in check too.

So here is the deal.  My MIL was so good with her diet while she was visiting.  We all ate sandwiches, and bread and homemade cookies and she totally refrained.  I never saw her cheat once.  I am so proud of her and the changes she made.  I on the other hand totally indulged in some of the yummy goodness. But...I workout a lot.  I cycle, teach Zumba, cross train, etc and my mother in law pretty much doesn't exercise at all.  This week while she was visiting we had her doing tons of walking, she came to one of my Zumba classes, went on a 5 mile bike ride, swam in the lake and more.  Her body is totally capable but its hard to get that first step out the door sometimes.  She lost weight on vacation!  Who does that??

I made her a deal.  If she would promise me to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week for the whole month of September (like I have been doing)...then I would give up wheat and sugar for the whole month (like she has).  I was hoping we could help the other person with our weaknesses.

We are similar in size and can pretty much share clothes.  We took some before pictures and are working as a team to keep this going.  I'll be blogging every day about how I am feeling and what I am eating.  For those of you that see me, if I am grumpy this might be why!  Haha.

Wish me luck, I am going to need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment