My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hummus Recipe


Here is a hummus recipe shared to me from my friend Amanda. I calculated it out and it is about 3 weight watcher points for 1/4 cup.

Ingredients
4 garlic cloves
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)-I reduced to 2 TBSP
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
8 dashes hot sauce

Directions
Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.

Copyright, 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All rights reserved
Show: Barefoot ContessaEpisode: The Mediterranean Feast

No comments:

Post a Comment