My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A week of temptation

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in forever. What a week. We had 5 family members from Idaho here and had fun doing lots of activities and enjoying East TN. The good news is that several of the family members managed to exercise every day including walking, swimming, and some pilates type moves. The bad news is that there was a lot of food temptation and as I have said in other posts it is way easier to eat calories than to burn them. We ate out a few times and had lots of snacks and dessert around the house. While I made a few poor decisions I was pretty conscious about what I ate. The worst thing is that I didn't track my points much. I am starting today.

I do realize my weaknesses and after this week, this is what I discovered. Don't even take the first bite! Once I bit into something sinful I had no self control to stop. I would be better off to just avoid the food than to try to fool myself into believing that I can have just one bite or a small piece of something.

What I am happiest about is that even though I kind of fell of the wagon, I am ready to pick it up full speed! In years past I have always quit after a week like last week. Luckily, we only have those temptations infrequently; holidays, vacations, etc. I still feel like I can succeed and still reaching for the 199 goal! I am going to increase my exercise and water intake and log every single thing I put in my mouth. I'm a little worried about Sunday's weigh in but glad I am not gaining.

Well, we had a really fun week and so happy we got to spend some time with family. It was great for our kids to spend sometime with our Idaho family! But, now back to real life....I'll be posting again soon for a progress update. My mom is coming to visit at the very end of this month for a week; at least now I know what not to do when she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment