My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 Year

Tomorrow is the big day!! One year ago I had my baby girl and weighed 252 pounds. How the year has flown by. How life has changed so much for me. I am already 76 pounds lighter, I left my job and became a stay at home mom, I started working out regularly with a trainer, and I've met several new friends, etc. Having two kids is definitely different from one.
I truly can not believe that my wee one is 1 year old. She is my little princess and has been such a joy to have in our lives. Her big blue sparkling eyes, sweet blonde curls, and 8 little teeth creating her precious smile melt my heart. She has been such an easy baby. She is learning how to talk and yells out words like ma-ma, da-da, ya-ya, jack, ba-ba, hi, na-na, uh-oh, la-la. Reese loves to blow raspberries and spit bubbles. She isn't quite brave enough to walk yet even though she started crawling at 7 months. She is wildly independent and definitely head strong. She already squaks when she doesn't get her way! Her and her brother are the best of friends and they spend hours playing with each other; Hudson has even convinced her to be passionate about cars. It has been so fun dressing her up and putting bows in her hair. I have definitely spent a little more money on accessories with this kid...hair bows, tights, shoes, leg warmers, head bands, sunglasses, tutus, bloomers, etc.

I sure do love my kids. They both bring so much joy to my life. Part of me can't believe that she is already a year old and another part of me can't remember my life with out her. Happy Birthday tomorrow sweet Sissy....We love you.

Kind of makes me sad that she is turning one. I mean, I don't know exactly what our future holds but for several reasons we think that Reese will be our last baby. I think that is why it is hard to see her grow up because deep down I know that I won't be having more babies. However, we are looking forward to the new experiences that we will get to have with older kids such as traveling, camping, boating, etc. Also after working this hard for a new body, I am not sure I want to risk losing it again by being pregnant. I have also been advised by my doctor that it may not be safe for me to have more since I have had two c-sections and my uterus is very thin in spots.

I am not sure if I will quite make my goal of losing 100 pounds in a year. It will be close. I started this journey in May 2010 and it is already mid-march. I wanted to start immediately after she was born but since I had a c-section it took me about 6 weeks before I was really ready to exercise a lot and it took that long just to feel like myself. I swear those first 6 weeks are like a big fog. So only about 6-8 more weeks to see if I can make the goal. It is lofty but I am just proud of how far I have came and that I am getting my health and confidence back. I know that this summer I will be the lightest I've been in a long time...and I can't wait to hit the lake!

3 comments:

  1. CANNNNNOT believe it's been a year! holy moly! :)
    So proud of you and how far you've come!!! Just think of what a great mom you will be for a LONG time to those beautiful kids of yours, because of the changes you're making now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW! I still haven't gotten to see that sweet baby! She was still in your belly when I saw you last! Also, congrats on your weight loss! Your doing great! I've lost 5 pounds! Whoo! haha Love yoU! Happy birthday to sweet little Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rachel- a bit of effort now reeps you so many rewards. I can't believe it's been a year! You have come so far- okay, so 152 means 24 lbs.? You are going to be sooooooo close!! It's so cliche, but true- life is a journey, so is health and fitness. I'm just so proud that you travelling the right road! Geez, that sounds so cheesy! Anyway, I love you and I really enjoyed our weekend together. Maybe next time we will run even more together?

    ReplyDelete