My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mini Meatloaf & Mashed Cauliflower

These are two great recipes that you can make whether you are on low carb or low fat diets. You can always tweak the ingredients a little to make this right for you. It is also nice because the meatloaves are portion controlled. This is super easy and very yummy. Even if mashed cauliflower sounds gross, TRY IT! You might be surprised, it is very similar to potatoes with out the carbs and lots of fiber.

Meatloaf
Lean Ground beef
1 carrot grated (you could exclude if very low carb)
1/2-1 chopped green bell pepper
1/2-1 chopped onion
1 small can tomato sauce
1/4-1/2 C Oatmeal
1 egg

Combine all ingredients. Roll into small balls and fill 12 tin muffin pan (spray pan with cooking spray or olive oil). Bake at 350 until beef is cooked thoroughly. I add a sauce for the last 10 minutes of catchup, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and a small amount of brown sugar.

Mashed Cauliflower
1 medium head cauliflower
milk or half & half
butter
salt
1/4 C instant potatoes (optional)
garlic/parmesean/cheese/chives (optional)


Steam cauliflower until soft. Combine all ingredients and mash with hand masher or food processor just as you would for mashed potatoes. I promise that this is good! You get the yummy goodness of potatoes with out the starchy carbs and you get lots of added fiber.

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny- I made mexican meatloaf tonight with roasted cauliflower. I used a can of black beans, 1 lb. lean turkey, 1 cup salsa, 1 egg, and chili powder. No chopping, 5 ingredients- easy peasy. Love the idea of using the tins. One wouldn't be enough for me for dinner, but maybe for a snack and two for dinner? I've never tried the mashed cauliflower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my, what a lovely red bowl you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mashed cauliflower! I make a cheesy cauliflower soup called "faux-tato" soup. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete