My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Great Workout

So today I went to my hip hop zumba class at 11AM and my friend Susan joined me. It was a great workout. It is pretty much all cardio and I hadn't done a strength session in a while. I ran the race Saturday, I went hiking Sunday, and then last night I used my living social voucher at Ladies total fitness and attended a class. I usually meet with Tammye on Mondays for a strength circuit but my husband had to mow the lawn last night and I needed childcare. So, truth be told I ditched Tammye and joined my friend Brianne for a class called Bodyvive. The class was a pretty good workout. I definitely sweat but my trainer would have laughed at it. I felt good though and I felt strong. Did I mention that my Bodyvive instructor was as old as my grandma? haha :)

Anyways, I did not want to do a Bootcamp strength class tonight...I mean I already worked out once today right? But I knew that I needed it. I totally went begrudgingly. However, on my way to workout, I was illegally reading my email when I saw this email on facebook.
Cheryl,
I don't know if you remember me. I was a year younger than you in high school. I came across your blog recently and it is so inspirational! After three babies, I need to lose 100+ pounds. It has seemed so overwhelming that truth be told, I haven't even taken the first step. Your blog has really made me want to change that. Thank YOU!!
P.S. You look FANTASTIC!
I didn't ask permission to share this, so I am not going to share who it was from but can I just tell you that getting that email made my workout tonight! I went from not wanting to go to wanting to give it my all! I worked really hard and gave it a good effort.

It was a beautiful day today. It was 84 degrees...not great workout weather. Tonight my class was a bootcamp class with Tammye through Parks & Rec; so we worked out outside. It actually felt great and I gave it my best effort. Almost all the people that were there tonight were new and I actually felt like one of the stronger/faster ones in the group. I mean one girl left to get a piece of candy cause she thought she was going to pass out. I still feel weak & slow but tonight there were lots that seemed weaker & slower and it felt good. Is that terrible? Well even if it wasn't my hardest workout...I kind of felt like I had a break through. I just felt great and I still do!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I have been on a mission to find the most inspiring weight loss stories to help me in my own journey. I will visit your journey often. I also visit 2 different sites to gain the inspiration I need to know I can lose 110 pounds and try to get my health back.

    Roni- at http://ronisweigh.com
    Jill- at http://getupandgetmoving.net

    keep up the good work.
    I love what you named your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelia! Glad you are following. You can do it too! Good luck with your goals. I'll check out the other sites...sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete