My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Outfit

In my post about Orlando I mentioned that I bought a new outfit. I thought you might want to see it. I am not sure why but for some reason we do not have a Macy's in Knoxville. There is one in Nashville and one in Atlanta but none in Knoxville. In the past I have never really cared but since losing weight I am starting to learn to love clothes again. I have this brand at Macy's that I really like. I can almost try on anything in the section and want to get it.

While in Orlando, the girls made a quick stop and I quickly pulled 10 items off the racks to try on. Dresses, shirts with capris, etc. Man...everything I tried on...I liked. I have really been into dresses lately and I tried on some really cute ones. My favorite was all white and I talked myself out of it since I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. It was bound to be ruined. Then I spotted another outfit I liked. The capris were not on sale but I liked them and they went perfect with the shirt. They had some embroidery stitching on them and were a little fancier than just what you'd wear day to day.

My friend Amanda was with me. At first I decided the pants were too expensive so I would only try on the shirt but then I asked Amanda to grab the size 12 and size 14 pants just so I could see how it looked. She brought them to me and I put them in the dressing room and then I told her..."Here are the 14s back, if the 12s fit, I deserve these pants; if they don't I'm not getting them"...but here they are in this picture, so you know what that means, right? The 12s fit! I was pretty excited. Now I just can't wait for a size 10 to fit! I'll be keeping you posted. I am actually regretting that I didn't try on a size medium shirt. I would of never guessed that it would have fit but as I write this and my straps are trying to fall off, I am thinking it probably would have fit and that makes me happy :) I know...that was a bad run-on sentence.

We got back on Wednesday and I went and worked out with Tammye on Thursday. I could really tell that I took a week off. I am still sore. It felt good to be back though. I am still trying to work on incorporating my cardio intervals into my week at home. Today I am meeting up with some of my workout girls and seeing the movie "Bridesmaids". My childhood best friend told me that it is a must see. I decided to put on the new outfit and take a quick pic so you all could see. I also flipped my hair instead of wearing it under. What do you think? Should I stick with it just under or can I pull of the flip. I am still undecided.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOO! You look FANTASTIC! SO glad you splurged and got it! YAY for smaller sizes and looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! New clothes on a slimmer body rocks! :o)

    ReplyDelete