My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Knoxville Boomsday

I wrote this on July 5th but for some reason it didn't post. I know I didn't post a weight post on Sunday. This weekend was so busy that I haven't sat down on the computer once or even think about my blog. Sadly, I lost no weight and I weigh exactly the same. This is going to make my goal get even harder. I now only have 8 weeks till our trip. Time is creeping up on me and every week that goes by it will only get that much more unobtainable. My niece Ashley suggested writing my goal on my forearm again. I think I will do that today!

This weekend was not your typical 4th of July weekend for me. No lake, no barbecues, no parties just a whole lot of sun, sand paper and paint! We have a pretty good size deck and screened in porch which were both in dyer need of some fresh paint. After spending the entire 4th of July weekend, 10 hours per day...our deck is done! The sad thing is that we have more decks and a fence so I think this project is never ending. I should of wore my bodybugg because it would of been very interesting to see how many calories you burn doing manual labor but I didn't want to get paint on it. That brings me to another point. Why is it that people will spend money to go to the gym but you couldn't hardly pay someone to want to come over and paint?

The weekend really was beautiful. It was pretty HOT though for manual labor. We did have some fun playing in the sprinkler, swimming in our kiddie pool and doing some fireworks in the cul-de-sac. We were also able to sit on our back deck and get a 180 degree view of all the fireworks. It amazes me the amount of money people must spend. I spent a pathetic $40 and got 10 nice fireworks and some sparklers. There were people that must of shot off 100 bottle rockets similar to what you would see at a fireworks show. Some of those are $25-$50 a piece. The good news for us is that we get to enjoy them at someone else's expense.

Today I am just trying to recover. I have sore muscles in places I never new I had! I have a Zufu class today at 11 but then Tammye is going to be going to the beach so no more workout sessions with her this week. I will have to force myself to do some on my own. I was really really sad because she had two weekend sessions (Sat and Mon) and I was unable to attend. Her Weekend Warrior sessions are intense and I would of loved to go but sometimes chores have to come first. Kind of made me want to trade this house in for a condo!

Hope you all had a happy Independence Day! I am so thankful to be an American and to have freedom. Thankful for all the men and women that have served our country and made sacrifice so that this is true. I read a quote the other day that was something like "How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy." This really got me to thinking how lucky we are. That even when our country is suffering and congress is fighting.....we aren't starving, we aren't drinking muddy water, we aren't fighting malaria, we aren't oppressed, we aren't fighting for our freedom. So many of us take life for granted and fight about our political differences; yet we still live in the best country in the world and we should all be Proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment