My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Crab Cakes

I made crab cakes for the first time and they were pretty easy. They were a little juicy and didn't want to stay in perfect patties real good but they held up pretty good. This is another high protein meal. They were really tasty too. I served them with steamed artichokes.
Crab Cakes
1-1.5 pounds crab meat
1/3 C panko bread crumbs
1 Lg egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp lemon
1.5 TBSP mayonaise
2 TBSP chopped chives
1 TBSP chopped flat parsley
salt/pepper
olive oil spray

I just put all of the ingredients in my kitchen aid and mixed it up good. Then put the mixture in a 1/3 C measuring cup and packed it in. Heat skillet and spray with olive oil spray. Empty packed measuring cup into skillet and smash with a spatula. Cover and cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook the other side until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment