My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, August 12, 2011

Dust of the Bicycle


Last night I decided to dust of the bicycle and go for a ride. Anyone that knows where we live or who has been to Tennessee knows that cycling is not easy here. There are lots and lots of hills even in the neighborhoods so it is never really just leisure riding. I left at 8:30 so I didn't have a lot of time. I didn't go far; I was only able to do about 2.5 miles before it started getting too dark. I did those in about 16 minutes and burned 100 calories. I figure it was better than nothing. It felt good to be outside and pumping my legs. Fall is a great time of year here so hopefully when the weather cools a little we will be able to go on some family bike rides. We have a trailer where we can pull the kids behind us.

When we are in Idaho, I am hoping to go on some rides and take advantage of their flat terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment