My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gluttony: One of the 7 deadly sins

I don't know what has been going on with me lately but I have seriously been gluttonous. I have totally been binging on sugar & snacks. I wake up every morning telling myself that today will be a new today....START today. I make it until like noon. Then I start hitting the snacks. The problem is that we shouldn't even have these snacks in the house but I do have them for my kids. I try to give them to them sparingly but I have to admit that I do have them. Travis is the worst. He starts seeing Halloween candy in August and starts throwing in bags of snickers to the shopping cart.

Oh, how I have sinned. In the last week I have had peanut butter crackers, mini Snickers, fruit snacks, pudding cups, cheese-its, trail mix, cookies and even a pop tart. You would think that right now I would be more motivated than ever. I am headed to Idaho in two weeks to sing at my cousins wedding. I am going to be standing in front of all those people. Have I mentioned that most of my family resemble super models? I feel like I am self sabotaging; yet I don't know why. I truly don't.

So yet another day begins and I will say this is a new day. Confession: I weighed and yesterday I saw 178, this is 10 pounds higher than my lowest weight this year. It is disgusting that I have let this happen. Maybe I can get good and shed 5 before the wedding. I must start now. I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a weight loss blog and be gaining weight. That is why I haven't been blogging. I know I need to go back to my accountability.

It is sad that it can take a month to get the weight off, yet it seems to come back in just days.

No comments:

Post a Comment