My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, January 9, 2012

Plans never work

Yesterday I got up early and was all ready to go to Body Pump. I took it years ago at 24 fitness and Gold's gym but haven't taken it in at least 7 years. I was looking forward to it. I go the kids all ready, all of us fed and in the car by 9AM (class is at 9:30). But wait...where are my keys? I looked everywhere. I couldn't find them. Finally at about 9:20 I located them in the side pocket of my gym bag. I live about 15-20 minutes from the gym. Crap!

We got to the gym and as soon as we got there both kids said they needed to go potty. By the time I took them and got them registered in their classes I was well past 9:30. I usually wouldn't mind and I'd just join a class late. However, Body Pump is different. You have to get your mat, your step, your weights, etc and I didn't want to walk in late, it is a class that you are supposed to go to early. Arrggh.

Then I saw a friend of mine on the elliptical and I just got on and started talking to her. I did that for about 25 minutes, then jumped on the treadmill for about 10 minutes. At the end of that it was about 10:30 so I decided to go to zumba. When I went on Saturday there was like 25 people. When I went today there was 3. It was fine but definitely changed the dynamic. So, I didn't get in my weight lifting! At least I burned a few calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment