My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Phase 1 Summary

Phase 1 of the transformation begins tomorrow. Here is a short synopsis of what my week will look like.

Phase 1: Week 1
Start your transformation with weight training and Clean Eating

There are four workouts to do this week. I will blog more detail about each workout as I do them. The plan discourages you from doing cardio because it wants to focus on muscle growth but I have been working out consistently for over a year and I LOVE my zumba class so I am still going to commit to zumba. It is practically therapeutic for me to be there and to be with my friends.

Workout Schedule
Each workout has about 6-8 exercises, doing 3 sets of 12 reps
Back & Biceps (Monday)+ Zumba
Chest & Triceps (Tuesday)
Legs & Calves (Thursday) + Zumba
Shoulders & Abs (Saturday) + Zumba

As I have said before, I am not worried at all about the workouts. I have been committed and look forward to my time in the gym. With my awesome new phone app, I have the workouts already planned out. The next part will be the hard part. Clean Eating! I am headed to the store today to get stocked up on some stuff.

Diet
The diet consists of 3 meals a day plus 3 mini meals. At first glance it seems like a lot of food to me. It is a lot of protein but does allow unlimited veggies, 2 fruits and limited amounts of starch. As I go thru the days I will blog about what I am eating and how I feel.

I printed off a 3 month calendar to stick on my fridge. I will be placing a red "X" on each day to count down. I think it will help me to have a visual. Today I had a friend on facebook with a status that said' "Today I am starting my 20,000 day challenge...to be healthy for the rest of my life". I want this to be my status too. I want it to be a lifestyle change but I feel like these 12 weeks can be a good jump start.

No comments:

Post a Comment