My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A small, dim light

Well, our memorial day was pretty uneventful. We are having company come into town tomorrow and we were trying to get everything ready for their arrival. Mostly just did hunny-do lists. We got a new tile shower put in though and it is AWESOME! We were really busy everyday so my exercise has been lacking but I plan to get with it today. I am so excited to start C25K. It is only 3 days per week, 30 minutes per day. I still plan to exercise on the off days as well but looking forward to the challenge as I have gotten pretty comfortable just getting on the treadmill at 3.0-3.5 and walking. I will have to be pretty creative to figure out how to get my exercise in when the company is here. We have some fun excursions planned that include physical activity and on the other days I will just try to get in at least 30 minutes on the treadmill.
I am still feeling really great. Usually by now I have lost motivation. I really think I owe my motivation to my blog. I watched a news video the other day about "shame based dieting", it was about people posting their weight on facebook or blogging about their diet. The good news is that they said that it works! Here is a link to the video http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37395783#37350979

I am going to try and add to my blog what I have been eating. Most of the time it isn't that interesting but might keep me more accountable to my diet.

Even with my small gain last week, I don't feel like quitting. I feel like I can do it, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is a small, dim light but it gets brighter every day. I want to take time again to thank all of my followers. I appreciate all the comments, texts, emails, and phone calls! It really does keep me going. I am surprised at how well some of my friends are following. Another Blog award may have to be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment