My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, November 8, 2010

Stir Fry

Tonight I am making Stir Fry for dinner. It is so easy and so yummy!

Clean & Cut the following in bite size pieces:
  • Broccoli
  • Mushrooms
  • Bell pepper
  • Snow Peas
  • Bean Sprouts
  • Zucchini
  • Onion
  • Carrots
  • Water Chestnuts
Cook Shrimp, Steak or Chicken with 1-2 tsp olive oil until done (tonight I am using shrimp). Add vegetables to skillet and cover allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't over cook; I try to keep my vegetables a little on the crunchy side. I have bought a variety of different sauces to add; you can find these in the asian section at your local super market. Tonight I am adding a General TSO sauce. Just be aware of the sodium content and get one with no MSG. You can serve with brown or white rice. I know that brown rice is better for you but for a special treat, pick up a bag of jasmine rice. It is very tasty.

I just googled the nutritional differences between brown and white rice and this is what I found:

Many health fanatics automatically choose brown rice when selecting a side dish to accompany their meal. The fact is, however, that both varieties of rice are good for you. A cup of white has about the same amount of calories as brown, but far less fat. (.8 grams per serving vs. 2.4 grams per serving) However, brown rice is much higher in fiber than the white variety, with 2.8 grams of dietary fiber per serving versus .6 grams. Most other nutritional values are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment