My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan 1

So, I am not happy with my weigh in. Pissed that I gained 2 pounds but excited to see the progress of 2011. January 1, I started hard core. Back to watching portions, calories, writing it down, working out, etc. Looking forward to my Biggest Loser competition among friends. I feel really positive about it. I can't wait to see the 170s..in the realm of things, it really isn't that far away. Did you notice I painted my toes for y'all?

One thing I have really been excited about is my little note pad I bought at a fun little store called "Anthropology" in Nashville. It has made meal planning so easy. I went through my recipes have already planned all our January meals. Majority of the stuff I have, if there is one weird ingredient I can add it to the list. It is nice cause it gives us a variety. I am going to be posting the recipes soon as I will have to make some modifications to them to make them healthier. The goal is to eat at home for dinner six nights a week and out once a week. Since I have been home I have been having a lot of fun cooking dinners and have cooked every night. Travis is really enjoying the left overs in his lunch.


Speaking of Travis, I am also really excited that he is going to start working out with me. We have a fairly decent home gym. It is nothing exotic but has everything we need. We have a treadmill, a bench and an assortment of dumbbells and barbell weights. We also have a stability ball, bosu ball and medicine ball. I workout with a trainer every Thursday night. It is circuit training with about 12 exercises. The plan is for Travis and I to mimic the same workout that we do on Thursday night, two nights a week at home. Trav doesn't struggle with weight at all. He has actually went on weight gaining diets before. I know...it's sick! However, he sits at a desk job every day and doesn't get a lot of physical activity. We have both pledged to each other to workout at home 4x per week.

I am also helping one of my friends work out. It is really motivating. I have heard that you learn:
10 percent of what we read;
20 percent of what we hear;
30 percent of what we both see and hear;
50 percent of what we discussed with others;
80 percent of what we experience personally;
95 percent of what we teach to someone else.

So I am excited to teach her some new things and at the same time keep myself motivated and learn more too!

Biggest Loser starts tomorrow! I am so excited for the new season! I can't watch tomorrow night since I am teaching CPR but will watch on Wed while on the treadmill. :) I can't wait. I hope it is better than last season. I have loved the show but for some reason the last season just didn't click with me. I didn't love any of the contestants. Looking forward to the motivation for the next 12-16 weeks. Sad that it is Jillian Michael's last season. I love her.

That is all for now! I'll be posting more often for the next 12 weeks so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITED for your biggest loser competition! I wish you the best of luck! Seriously--you've come so far, and that is something to be so incredibly proud of! So it's even more exciting to take on this other half of your goal... :)

    I am totally fine with your sharing whatever you would like about my weight loss--I feel honored!!! :) Thanks again for your kind words! It really means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete