My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Overwhelmed

I have kind of been cheating the last few days. I have been very overwhelmed. The entire month of March has went by way to fast. Several things have made March a busy month. I have had several CPR classes which I am thrilled about but I have been busy. It was Reese's first birthday and of course we had a party, friends from out of town, a close friend's housewarming party, 2 other kid birthday parties. Then, I thru a Wii dance party, then there was my trip to Chicago, and there is still lots going on. I got home from Chicago on Thursday night and taught a CPR class Friday morning, went to Weekend Warrior on Saturday morning. Sunday I just tried to recover and do more laundry and chores. This week I had my BodPod appt Monday, CPR last night, I've scheduled a play date and my house tomorrow with the Maryville Moms group and I have a baby shower here on Saturday morning. Now....if you are involved in these upcoming activities, I don't want you to think that I don't want to do these things. Anyone that knows me knows I love a good party but sometimes it is just hard to get it all done. I don't know how I ever worked.

So this month has been nuts!! Those of you with more than 2 kids....I applaud you! I don't know how you do it. It is really hard to try and clean house, do laundry, plan parties, pack for trips, etc when I'm at home with the kids. I love them so much but I feel like you have to choose "clean or play"? I usually try to play! I like a clean home but my kids and the time I spend with them is more important. However, when I am throwing parties at the house I like to make sure the house is tidy..anyway, I am ranting. You get the point?

I think I will try to schedule less in April but it is already starting to look like a busy month as well. On a good note, it is a beautiful spring in East TN. The weather is warming up and it sure is beautiful outside. All of the dogwoods have just started to bloom and it truly is gorgeous. I bought a jogging stroller from a friend (getting it tomorrow). I am excited to start taking the kids on the greenbelt.

I need to get my butt in gear. Summer is right around the corner. I pretty much have 60 days. I am not where I want to be. My BodPod results were not where I wanted them. I really want to be 20 pounds thinner. I know I can do it but it is so hard sometimes. I talked to my trainer about doing a food log and having her check it but I haven't started. I need to go workout! I need to get on my treadmill (wish my darn foot didn't hurt still). She is really encouraging me to do the 20-25 min of cardio interval drills at least 2-3 times per week and the strength training 2-3 times per week.

2 comments:

  1. I am always so impressed with you! You are training and working out like a madwoman! Seriously I am lucky to get a workout or 2 a week squeeze in lately. And you're dedicated, even after you've been off track. I think it's so important to remember that even when you lose the weight you want to lose, life won't always facilitate the perfect eating and exercise opportunities--so the slow and steady is perfect, because you're living a real plan in real life. You WILL get there! i know it!!! And am SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just get on the treadmill for ten minutes- you know once you are on you will stay. You are doing awesome! You look awesome. If the bodpod had said anything better you would still be in the same body so I think you should focus on how you "feel" and I know you felt pretty darn hot only a week ago in your new dress and outfit. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete