My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pulled Pork & Coleslaw

Pulled Pork
Pork Tenderloin Roast
BBQ Sauce (We love Sweet Baby Rays)

Directions
Put Roast in crock-pot with a little bit of chicken broth or water. Cook on any setting. I prefer the high setting because now that I am home I only need 4 hours but if you go to work you might need to do the low 8-10 hour setting. Drain liquid and fat off and add barbecue sauce. Let cook an additional 30-60 minutes. Shred. You can eat this plain or you can put it on yummy rolls for a pulled pork sandwich. I am trying to avoid the rolls right now but Travis's looked delicious!

Coleslaw
1 small head Cabbage
1-2 grated Carrots
1/2 finely chopped Red Bell Pepper
1/2 C Mayonaise (I used light)
3 TBSP Sugar (I used Splenda)
3 TBSP White Vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Dry mustard
1/2 tsp Celery Seed

Directions
Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate at least one hour. You might play around with the mayo, sugar, vinegar mixture depending on if you like it more sweet or more tart. I had a recipe that was much larger and just reduced it down. Didn't take exact measurements but that should be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment