My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Salmon & Glazed Carrots

I love salmon & glazed carrots. My friend told me about this very simple way to make salmon and I used a recipe I had for glazed carrots and modified it to be lower in sugar. You could also use splenda or stevia in your carrots if you are eliminating table sugar. I wish I hadn't served in on a paper plate, kind of makes my picture look ghetto.

Salmon
4-6 oz salmon filet (1 for each person)
butter
lemon
worshetire sauce
salt & pepper

Directions:
Melt a little butter and brush over salmon
sprinkle lemon juice and worcshetire sauce on top
add salt and pepper, I also added a little lemon zest
Bake at 350 till salmon is flaky and then broil for 2 minutes until brown

Glazed Carrots
9 carrots (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 TBSP sugar (recipe called for whole TBSP)
1 TBSP butter (recipe called for 2)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper

Directions:
Quarter and cut carrots into 2-inch lengths or cut into thin circles.
In a skillet, bring carrots, sugar, 1/2 cup water, butter, and salt to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partly covered, 6 minutes.
Cook uncovered, over high, tossing often until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment