My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cooking Club

Today I invited my trainer over for Sunday dinner and it was a beautiful day so I thought it would be fun to have her over to let our kids play outside. While she is my trainer, she is also my friend and I have really enjoyed her company. The kids had a blas being outside; they are so cute. I made salsa pork chops and a green garden salad. It is a super easy recipe and very low calorie. We started talking about how a "cooking club" would be fun. I was once involved in a group where we got together once a month at the host's house and had dinner. Tammye suggested that we have to make something yummy and healthy and then share the recipes. I thought this sounded like a really fun idea. There used to be a group at my church in Boise that did this and they called in "supper for six". Six is a good number because it makes it feasible to cook for that many people. To get this started locally we need 4 more people that would be interested in doing it? Any interest? I think that the host could make a main dish and a dessert that is within certain calorie restrictions and then share the recipes with everyone in the club while we "eat what we cook". I have also seen it done where the host makes the main dish and picks all the recipes but then the members bring the different parts (i.e., side dishes, salad, dessert, drink, etc). Which way do you think would work best? It would even be good to just have a cooking buddy. Haven't you ever tried a new recipe; don't you think it would be fun just to have someone do the experiment with you. Bring some ingredients over and just have fun cooking together, sounds good to me.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to throw a party. I love having people over and my philosophy is almost always "the more the merrier". Several people tell me that my gift is hospitality and I am not sure if it is a gift or even if I am good at it...but I do like it. I love having guests, having parties, being in clubs, networking, etc. So, this sounds right up my alley. I would love to start this, so please contact me if you are in Knoxville/Maryville and want to.

Do any of you have a cooking club or get together with friends to share recipes? I think that we all should try to do this. Not only would it be fun, it will help to build friendships, accountability and it will teach us new recipes. Share your ideas in the comment section or if you start a group be sure and let me know.

It would also be fun to have someone that is a really great cook to give a cooking class to a group of people. Any suggestions? I am going to try and start incorporating more videos on my blog. Maybe I will have to do a "Chef Cheryl" section. :) Hope you all enjoyed your weekend...here is to happy, healthy, cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for lunch Sunday! I had a great time! Excited about our cooking club!

    ReplyDelete