My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hi, I'm Cheryl...and I'm an addict

Oh...I love the white powder. I love the way it makes me feel....not cocaine, not meth...but flour and sugar. I seriously have a problem. I can't figure out why I can't find a good balance for my love of sugar. If I go totally carb free I don't seem to crave it but as soon as the powder touches my lips, I am sunk! I can't seem to stop myself. I can't just have one bite or a small taste. I keep coming back for more.

I tell myself, "don't do it" but then I do it anyway. That is why I think it truly is an addiction. The sad part is that I love to bake and cook. It is one of my favorite hobbies but I just can't have that stuff around. My kids have treats and snacks and I am continually catching myself eating goldfish, pretzels, fruit snacks, etc. I eat the crust off their PB&J sandwiches, I have a couple bites of the pancakes. It is all this crap that adds up and keeps me right where I am!

Any suggestions? I don't want to give it up entirely..because what kind of life is that? But how to reduce? That is the problem with food addiction. You don't have to have cigarettes to live, you don't have to gamble to live or drink alcohol to live. Technically you don't have to have sex to live but you know what you do have to have? FOOD! It's not like you can just give it up if you're addicted. Then again you don't have to refined sugar and flour to live. Just thinking out loud.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of or tried the Carbohydrate Addicts diet? It allows carbs in a controlled way. They claim it kills sugar cravings because it allows them in moderation. The deprivation kills me, too. I'm not good at diets / exercise at all. Your dedication is inspiring. Don't beat yourself up too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to every word here. It seems like food, weight loss, and the balance of the two is so consuming for me. I have to work so hard to battle & balance it all. Its frustrating & a cycle of highs, lows, & feeling ashamed & defeated. I feel you girl & I'm struggling to even it all out.

    ReplyDelete