My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Excusiology


So its 10:15PM and I just got off the treadmill. Sometimes the day just slips away but if you want something bad enough you'll stay up and do it. Did 3 miles tonight in just under an hour. Feels good to exercise and to be committed. Despite the blisters, the heat rash, the pain in my knees, the sweat and tears (yep..sometimes I cry while I workout watching Biggest Loser)...IT STILL FEELS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

I have this word that I invented. The word is "excusiology" it is the art of making excuses (I know that _logy means the study of, but I invented the word, so no comments on my latin suffix using). I am always preaching to people that you make time for the things that are important to you. Actually quite a few people use this word; it must of rubbed off on a few family members and friends. I find it funniest when the people that use it are the people that I invented it for. LOL. Somebody once told me that if you want to see what is important to you, look at your bank statement and your day planner. Where you spend your time and money is what you value and it is what's most important to you. Funny how this word that I made up to ridicule other people has came back and bit me in the butt. That actually kind of happens a lot. Looks like I can't make excuses anymore! I value myself, I value my health and I know I'm going to value being thin; guess I better make time to pack lunches, plan meals and workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment