My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Food Glorious Food

Some of the yummy food I am been eating. Trying to "EAT to LIVE" instead of "LIVING to EAT". There are actually a lot of good foods out there that you can enjoy with out neglecting flavor and satisfaction. Here are a few of the things I have been eating lately.

1) The breakfast sandwich: an english muffin, 2 egg whites, 1 slice low-fat cheese, 3 pieces shaved ham) only 4 points on weight watchers

2) Yoplait Smoothies. These are sold in the freezer section near the berries. All you do is put the bag in the blender with one cup of milk. It makes 2 servings. The triple berry and mango pineapple are both so yummy. My only beef with these is that one serving isn't quite enough and two servings is too much. I think a serving is only 2 points!

3) Homemade fries. So good and so healthy. To make a big batch you use 5 russet potatoes. Peel them and cut them evenly. I cut them into 12 slices per potato. Soak in water for 30 minutes to remove starch. Toss in 1 TBSP of olive oil and bake at 400 for about an hour, tossing occasionally to brown on all sides. These are awesome. You totally feel like you're cheating but you aren't. Really it is like eating a potato with less than a tsp of olive oil. Next I am going to try sweet potato fries.

4) Snacks: I am liking apples or celery with PB, oranges, carrots with low-fat ranch, roasted almonds, strawberries and chocolate. I keep forgetting to buy humus but that would be a good snack as well.

5) Subway: I actually love the veggie delight with honey mustard. I also like the turkey but if I need to save some points for another meal, I go with the veggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment