My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, July 23, 2010

Eat Fresh

I absolutely love this time of year. There is so much fresh produce and plenty of people with gardens. While I wish we had bountiful baskets here, I still think I got a pretty good deal today.


-1 large watermelon (seedless)
-2 large cantaloupes
-4 ears of corn
-1 X large zuccini
-5 tomatoes
-5 cucumbers
-1 Purple Onion
-1 Vidalia Sweet Onion
-1 large bell pepper
-1 large basket of blackberries

$18 spent. Many yummy things to come. I cut up the watermelon, made a tomato, cucumber, onion salad with balsamic vinaigrette and I whipped up some blackberry muffins. I got the recipe from a family member's blog. She had made them with huckleberries. I substituted blackberries. They were very good and only 3 points. Problem is, you can easily scarf down 2-3 of them...so be careful. Here is a link to the recipe. I am looking for a low calorie berry crisp recipe. If you have one, please share.

1 comment: