My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

STRESSED spells DESSERTS backwards

Have you ever noticed that if you write the word desserts backward that you get the word stressed? Well, today was a hectic day at work. I have been doing so good. I have been tracking my points and eating things I am supposed to. I still haven't been on the treadmill much but I have been drinking my water and my diet has been spot on. It helped that Nov 1 was a Monday. Doesn't get any better than that to start a fresh again! But...even though I have been good the end of my day today at work was very stressful and ended in what seemed to be a confrontation with a friend. I am not quite sure why it was that way but the room felt very tense like you could cut the air with a knife. I could bore you with the subject matter but I will spare you the details but in a nutshell I just try my best to make sure that everyone is aware of all of their options, the benefits/disadvantages to the product and the financial gain/loss of the item. I thought that is what I was doing today but for some reason it was just really high stress, high tension and combative.

At my job I have to be pretty tough. My job is to create change in the hospital and as you probably know..people hate change. I try to be a good listener, and a good moderator but I get in the zone and can be pretty tough sometimes especially with the vendors that come in unannounced or unprepared, etc. I think because of this, I get the persona that my feelings don't get hurt and that I am tougher than I am. However, I do have feelings and while honestly I really don't care what MOST people think of me, I do care when it my friends or family or someone that I really care about and value. The problem is that sometimes my work can interfere with those people. Well, I still can't put my finger on why the air was so tense today but I left with feelings hurt and stressed out about it.

As soon as I got home I was stressed out and proceeded to tell Travis about my last meeting of the day which did not go at all as planned. I opened up Hudson's cookies and started indulging. I purposely buy Hudson M&M cookies because I don't particularly like them but they just sounded good tonight. I also ate a very small handful of cashews. I had a pretty high point value lunch so I didn't have many to spare. So..to make a long story short I went 5.5 points over tonight. 2 cookies were 3 points and my small scoop of cashew pieces was 2.5. Darn it. Why couldn't I control myself.

I do have to admit that it felt better after eating it and that my stress seemed to dissipate as the chocolate cookie hit my lips. I usually try really hard not to sweat the small stuff and to allow myself to get stressed out but this has been a crazy week and today did not help it any. Hopefully there will be a better day tomorrow. I recently read this quote by George MacDonald, "It is not the cares of today, but the cares of tomorrow, that weigh a man down". So, I will put this behind me because I don't want to be weighed down...literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment