My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Measurements

Okay, so I am not sure what is more embarrassing...posting my weight every week or posting these measurements that I just took. I recently read that the ideal measurements for a female model are 34-24-34 (Bust-Waist-Hips). Wow! That is a rude awakening. I am far from the ideal. The Weight Watchers online tool allows you to track several measurements, so I have decided to take measurements monthly; I feel that weekly is way to often.

So here they are:
Bust: 42.5
Waist: 39
Hips: 49
Arm: 15.5
Thigh: 28.5
Calf: 15.5
Dress Size: 16

So my thigh is bigger than a model's waist? That kind of makes me want to puke. I also have recently read that women with a waist measurement of more than 35 inches have a higher disease risk than people with smaller waist measurements because of where their fat lies, in the abodomen. So, I need to at least get my waist below that number. The good news is that at least my measurements are kind of like an hour glass; my hips are my biggest problem area...any suggestions on how to reduce them??

No comments:

Post a Comment