My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, January 21, 2011

Healthy Living Expo


Koli, Ashley, Me & Sherry
(Season 9, Biggest Loser Cast)

So, today was the Healthy Living Expo in Knoxville. My friend Nikki and I packed up the kids and decided to see what all they had to offer. There were tons of booths and exhibits. The season 9 Biggest Loser Cast was there and of course I had to get a picture. It is so exciting to see them. They have lost so much weight and it is inspiring.

There were exercise classes available and cooking demonstrations, etc but with the kids we couldn't really participate in that stuff. It was fun to walk around and see what they had to offer but there was also a lot of gimmicks. Wraps that melt off fat, the shake weight, the magic pills and so on. We all know that stuff doesn't work. The funniest thing today though was the lady trying to sell me her scientifically different wrap that was going to make me skinny. The funny thing though is that the lady selling it to me was fat. haha. I wanted to ask her if it worked so good why she didn't use it. It was also interesting just to people watch. It was also interesting that some of the Bariatric surgeons are overweight themselves and so is their office staff. Don't get me wrong...I don't want to buy weight loss products from super models with a six pack but I don't want to buy a magic fat pill from a fat lady....that isn't magic.

Anyway, it was fun. It is still going on tomorrow at the Knoxville Convention Center. Since we will be out of town for the weekend, you all will have to wait till Monday for another post.

3 comments:

  1. So cool that you got to go there! That's awesome!!!
    And I agree with you on the fat people selling fat people solutions. lol. If they worked, wouldn't they be the first people in line to use them?>!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pics of you and your whereabouts on the blog! That makes it so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I so wish we were closer together! I'd love to go to all these cool things with you. Have fun tomorrow! And, I agree... if all these things worked, why wouldn't they use them?! I don't see how they sell anything. lol

    ReplyDelete