My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chicken Soft Tacos

Okay so I have started out with all the really easy recipes. This one also has only a few ingredients. I will be adding some more difficult ones as well but for the most part I try to make meals that don't take too many ingredients or things I don't usually have and I try not to make anything that takes a whole lot of effort. Making dinner should be fun, right?

Chicken Soft Tacos
Pkg of chicken breasts or chicken tenders
1 can (just a soup can size) of red enchilada sauce (mild or medium)
1 tsp cumin
1/4-1/2 chopped red onion (doesn't have to be red, but preferred)
1 can diced green chilles
Cilantro (optional)

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in a crock-pot. (My crock-pot has several different settings, the highest setting is 4 hours. I like to use this high setting on Sundays since I like to have dinner ready to eat right after church.) After it is cooked, shred the chicken into pieces. Serve with a slotted spoon to drain off some juice.

I served this with canned pinto beans (you could also do black), soft flour tortillas (I used special low carbohydrate tortillas), salsa, sour cream, guacamole and shredded cheese. Shredded lettuce would have also been good but I was out. You could also serve with some boxed or homemade spanish rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment