My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sesame Chicken

Here is another recipe with under 5 ingredients. It is pretty tasty and super easy too.
Sesame Chicken
1 Pkg chicken breasts or chicken tenders
Olive oil cooking Spray
2TBSP low sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp ginger (I prefer fresh grated ginger, which I used)
2 tsp sesame seeds

Directions:
Toast the sesame seeds (I just put them in a hot skillet for a few minutes). If you use breasts, I recommend cutting them in thirds so they cook faster. Brown chicken with a little cooking spray. Mix soy sauce and honey and add to chicken. I like to stir my chicken to get it all coated and let the sauce reduce down a little till it almost gets like a glaze on the chicken. Add the sesame seeds at the very end.

I served this with a baked potato and steamed brocoli. It would also be good with rice. However, since I am trying to reduce my carbohydrate intake, I just ate the chicken and brocoli and it is easier just to make one baked potato instead of a whole pan of rice. This tastes kind of asian I think you could add stuff like some pineapple tidbits, green onion or bell pepper as well. You could always make a little extra sauce with the soy and honey. You could also probably spice it up to be more like general's chicken by adding red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment