My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Run Keeper

Wow! Run Keeper is awesome. I am really loving it. I have used it for a while now but didn't know that it was capable of much more. RunKeeper is an app on my iphone. It uses the GPS technology found in the iPhone to track your fitness activity, giving you comparable results to an expensive GPS watch. You can also enter your activities manually, including your treadmill runs, indoor cycling, etc.! This app really makes it easy to track how far you went, how long it took, what your pace/speed was, how many calories you burned, and the path you traveled on a map.

You can also share your progress with friends by posting your activities to Facebook and Twitter, and creating a profile page that allows people to view all of your public activities. It can tell you whether you are ahead/behind your target pace, or get coached through an interval workout. It has a coaching mechanism that is awesome. I wanted to do 1 minute walk run intervals. It gives you cues in your ear when you need to start walking or running . It also allows you to listen to Pandora at the same time or to play your itunes playlists.

It has 3 main screens. The first screen shows you the map via GPS as to everywhere you went during your run, the second screen gives you an overview of your workout (how long it was, your avg pace, calories burned, time, etc) and the 3rd screen gives you the details of every minute of your run. Since I was doing intervals I could see that minute 1 I was walking at 4.2mph, minute two I was running at 6.4mph and so on.

It is great!The best part about it is that it keeps all of your workouts in your history so you can see all of your progress. It will also help with my treadmill workouts because I actually run faster outside. Now that I know that, I can increase the pace on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment