My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Starting Afresh

So good news and bad news. We will start with the bad. Since my last post I have gained 2 pounds and now weigh 231. I had a friend visiting from out of town and Easter, etc. No excuse. I am embarrassed that I started a weight loss blog and gained weight. The good news is that my friend from church wants to do the journey with me and you know what I always say "those that weigh together, stay together". I actually got an email from her last night saying that she had been thinking and wanted to blog about our story. Haha. Great minds, think alike. I am pretty excited. Our stories are very similar. She also was thin in high school and has slowly gained weight over the years. We talked about different programs to try and we decided on Weight Watchers online. All the people that I know that have had success have had it with WW. I have done it one other time and didn't really stick with it but I think since we are both going to do it and hold each other accountable we will be better. So, I have officially started today. Going to count WW points. Also, my friend wants to prepare for a 5K as well. I am going to start looking for one in about 3-6 months that we can plan on.

Tonight I am making chicken breasts. I am trying a spice rub recommended by WW. It is oregano, parsley, rosemary and lemon zest. Should be good. If anyone has any good ideas for low point recipes..please share.

I also decided that for the four months I am off, I should utilize my gym membership. I got the newsletter in the mail and in May they are starting Zumba classes. I have been wanting to try them so that is exciting. I love to dance and the friends that I know that have tried it, really like it. I am thinking I will go on Mondays and the days that Hudson has preschool. Not going to bite off more that I can chew for now. I have a group of friends that are walking so I could do that too.

I have already been off work for a month. The next three months will go by so fast!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not familiar with the Point System at all, but I will have to search my recipes to see if I have anything yummy for you to cook and add variety to your life and diet that will keep you in your point system.

    It's too bad you don't have the Bountiful Baskets program available as you would have LOTS of great produce to enjoy to eat healthy and nutritious, but help you in your weight loss as well.

    Tonight I used veggies we got from Bountiful Baskets and made vegetarian enchiladas with summer squash, carrots, bell pepper, onion, fresh corn and cheese and they were delicious.

    BTW...I have been struggling with trying to lose 10 pounds and the thing that I found that really helps me is to slice an apple and have it in a bowl on the counter and then when I am at home and doing chores, etc.... I just grab apple slices to munch on and it satisfies the sweet/crunchy craving and as far as I am aware, apples are a pretty perfect food and don't spike your blood sugar too much and they add fiber, etc...

    Anywho, I need to read up on WW, because we are here to support you in anyway that we can!!

    BTW...can you have almond butter or peanut butter? If you can, putting this on apples or celery, is a great way to get protein and it adds some variety to your diet as well.

    My favorite thing for protein is string cheese. Hope you're having a great day and sorry for the novel!!

    Gotta help Tracy run the Scouts home and then it is on to read more posts. I LOVE your honesty!!

    ReplyDelete