My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Believe It, Be It

So the other night I decided that it was about time to read a new book. I had heard that the first woman to win Biggest Loser, Ali Vincent, had recently wrote a book, Believe It, Be It. I went to the kindle app on my phone to see if it was available and quickly downloaded it. Having two small kids, I usually don't get a chance to read much but this book was easy reading and all the stars were aligned..so I read the whole thing in one night and morning.

It was a good read and inspring. Her transformation truly was amazing. Always a beautiful person she now has the beautiful outside to reflect her beauty inside. She talked a lot about her experience on the show. She always thought that she would be the first female Biggest Loser. It came much to her surprise when the game play worked against her even though she had lost a lot of weight and she was sent home. She lost tons of weight at home and got an opportunity to come back. When she came back she never went below the yellow line and went on to win the finale.

In the book she talked a lot about why she felt like she had gained weight and what she was hiding behind her fat. I really started psycho analyzing my own life and wondering what it was that has lead to my own weight gain. I think I may of figured out a part of it and plan to blog about it at a later time.

Here are a couple great quotes/excerpts from the book that I liked:

"I want to empower others through empowering myself. I want to prove that the impossible is possible. That a journey of 1,00 miles really does start with just one step, just one, and that anybody who can imagine that journey does have the strength and courage it takes to pick their foot up and take that first step."

"To think about your life is to create it. You have to take ownership of where you are right now and know where you are right now and know where you want to o before you can get there. Keep collecting evidence for your success. You can believe it, and you can be it. Start right now."

"Every time I exercise, I have a conversation with myself. Why? BEcause I don't do stuff that I am comfortable doing. If I'm comfortable , then it's not doing anything for me and I don't consider it working out"

No comments:

Post a Comment