My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lent

So, while I am not catholic I have tried to do something in remembrance of the Lenten season every year since I was a sophomore in high school. I have given up all sorts of stuff: soda, chocolate, swearing, meat, etc. Something to do as a challenge and having it be the 40 days and nights before Easter, I try to put my focus on what is really important to me; my relationship with Jesus. It is not an official "lent" but it works for me and I can't remember a time that I have cheated. Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, March 9th this year. I am planning to give up the white stuff: flour and sugar. I know that it will be hard but I think it will be good for me too.

I LOVE FLOUR AND SUGAR...AND EVERYTHING THAT THEY MAKE TOGETHER. However, I have an addiction and I need to overcome it even if it means having withdrawals. To be honest, I started early. I started 4 days ago and to my surprise it is going fairly well. It will be interesting to see if my weight loss is affected much.

Wish me luck, I am going to need it! I figure I can do anything for 40 days, right? Are any of you giving anything up for Lent? I considered Facebook but sadly I think sugar and flour will be easier. Hee hee. I'll keep you posted on how its going.


Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment