My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, February 7, 2011

Heading Back to Chicago

So I will be heading back to Chicago in March. I am very lucky to have an all expenses trip paid to go. I will be staying in the heart of downtown on Michigan Avenue for a National annual meeting for an organization that I am involved with. I am really looking forward to it even though I am really sad that my family can't come with me. Just don't think the little kids are quite ready for such a big city and I will be pretty busy with meetings and educational offerings. I am finding time to fit in some fun activities though. A group of us are going to dinner at a top chef's, Stephanie Izzard, restaurant called the "Girl and Goat" and me and girlfriend are going to see a Broadway show.

I was just there in September and made friends with several people. There aren't many of us in our thirties in this group so all of us guys and gals just bonded. It will be fun to see them. Any who, a couple of weeks ago I got a Facebook message from one of the people I met last time. I had worked out with them a lot at the hotel and they asked if I would be interested in doing the fun run. The organization I am involved in is having a 5K run one of the mornings that I am there. I responded back yes and their response was "I can't wait to see how great you look". I had told a few people about my weight loss when I was there in September. So to make a long story short....I have a race to prepare for and I need to lose 10 more pounds before my trip. I haven't done as well as I thought I would have from Sept-March and I want to make sure people can tell a difference.

I am also excited about getting a new dress. There is welcome reception as well as the dinner/show night that I'd like to dress up for and wear something new. I like to dress up and now days I don't hardly ever get an excuse to. I am looking around and going to my friends to see if she might have something I can borrow. I'll be sure to post pictures. Here is to 10 more pounds!!

1 comment:

  1. I AM SOOOOO excited for your trip, and your new dress, and some YOU time! You deserve that, and it will be SO FUN to show off your changing body!

    ReplyDelete