My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shred It-Level 2

So last night was my first night of Shred It, Level 2. To say these workouts are challenging for me would be an understatement. This DVD will kick your booty yet its only 20 minutes, it's fun, doable, and I think the exercises themselves are interesting — things like skaters (a motion like speed skating), plank jacks (plank position/jumping jack hybrid on the floor), squat thrusts and high-knee kicks. This video has me dripping in sweat, cussing the TV and even feeling a little sore the next day.


It is a 3-2-1 system. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs. Level 2 is by far harder than level 1. I am going to keep at it though. I know I am getting stronger and that a year ago I would not have been able to do level 1. Every time I successfully complete a session I feel more and more confident. I seriously need to give her workouts an A+ as a winter workout. In the summer you can go for a jog on the greenbelt and do more active stuff such as swimming, etc. but it is hard in the winter. The days are shorter, it's cold outside and working out is the furthest thing from your brain. However, just pop in the shred and 20 minutes later you're sweating like it's August.

I have two other friends that are also shredding with me. It has been fun to chat with them about it. Its like a have a pseudo workout buddy. Tonight I am going to do level 1 again and then level 2 again tomorrow. I have CPR tomorrow night so will be missing my time with my trainer. I also need to get on the treadmill and do some walk-run intervals. I'd really like to be able to do the fun run and be able to at least do intervals of walking 1 minute, running 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment