My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I have been trying to incorporate eating protein at breakfast. It is hard for me because I don't like eating dinner left overs for breakfast and can't imagine just eating a chicken breast at 8am. Christmas morning we had brunch here and I made a yummy breakfast casserole. I have been making one, once a week and eating it in the mornings. If you are really trying to cut carbs you can take out the potatoes but they really make it tasty. This is very satisfying and keeps you full.

Breakfast Casserole
Spray 11x13 casserole dish with some olive oil spray or PAM
Layer 2-3 cups of frozen or baked chopped potatoes
Add browned Jimmy Dean mild sausage (you can use turkey sausage)
Add 1 can green chilles
Add 1/2 white or yellow finely chopped onions
Beat 6-8 eggs with 1C fat free sour cream and layer on the top (you can use milk if no sour cream)
Sprinkle with some shredded cheese (optional)
Serve with 1 TBSP salsa
Cook at 350 for 30-45 minutes (till eggs are firm, mine is faster because I use my convection oven)
I then cut this into 8-10 pieces
6-8 WW Points depending on variations

No comments:

Post a Comment