My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spin


Last night I took my first spin class this decade. I had only taken it two other times with my cousin-in-law in Boise (literally 10 years ago) and I hated it, my butt hurt for weeks after. Well, I am not sure what the difference was but last night I LOVED IT! I think I feel a new addiction coming on. I could literally feel the fat melting off my legs.

I was really proud of myself. I did the entire class and I tried to do everything the instructor asked of us. When she said to pedal with a faster cadence....I did, when she said to stand up and increase resistance....I did. It was a challenge, but a good one. I felt awesome when I was done.
This morning my sitting bones are sore but I feel great. I can't wait to do it again (maybe Saturday morning). Several of my friends were in the class with me and that made it fun. I was so proud of all of us. There were several "first timers" and we all finished!

If you are interested in taking spinning, here are some tips:
1) Bring lots of water (preferably with a straw or nozzle...it's hard to drink and cycle at the same time)
2) Bring a towel...you sweat A LOT.
3) When getting up out of the saddle make sure to increase your resistance; or your legs go flying
4) Have fun & make the class right for you.
5) Get in the zone and believe in yourself
6) If it is your first time, let the instructor know and have them help set-up your bike

I can't wait to take it again! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment