My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year for a New Me: 2012

All of the holidays were great. My kids loved Christmas and the magic of Santa and we had a fun New Years party with friends. But now...it is time for business. One of my Christmas gifts that I got was a membership to the gym. As I have stated in the past this was a hard decision for us. I have been training at a private gym for over a year and have truly loved my one on one attention with my trainer. However, Travis was unable to workout and there was no place for the kids. I have signed Hudson up for a program called "Kids in Motion" where he can take unlimited classes in running, aerobics, ball sports and pre-karate. He is going to love it. Luckily my trainer still has weekend warrior sessions that I plan to attend and I am hoping to still get to workout with her a couple nights a month. I would miss my workout girls and her too much, they have become some of my best friends.

So.....I have two goals for the year and they are big ones!

1) Lose 50 pounds & wear single digit clothing sizes
2) Complete a half marathon (April 28)

So, today is day 1. I am going to try and get back on the band wagon and start blogging again. I have been a total slacker and I know that it will help. I am going to be doing weekly weigh-ins with some friends and that should help too.

Today is assessment day. My friend Nikki is doing this with me. Here is the agenda:
1) Weigh
2) Take measurements (chest, abs, hips, arms, thighs, calves)
3) 1-minute assessment (push-ups, jump squats, sit-ups, burpees, & plank)
4) 25-100 rep workout (I'll do an entire blog post about this soon)

I am meeting her at the gym at 8:45. Better get going. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Cheryl!! You always amaze me with your ambition and motivation!! Knowing you, I know you'll achieve your goals...especially with the awesome support system that you have!!

    It was SO fun to talk to you guys on Sunday, via Face Time. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Looking forward to making more progress in 2012 and being better at keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete