My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 1

So I am making some realistic goals for the no wheat/no sugar.  I am cutting all wheat but still allowing myself natural sugars like in fruit and milk or sugar that is added to items like ketchup, salad dressing, cheese, etc.  But I will not be eating any refined sugar or anything that is a baked good, soda, candy, etc.  Today I watched sugars very carefully and still consumed about 35 grams.  I think as long as I keep it under 35 that is still good.   I am also allowing myself one dark chocolate square per day.  It is 35 calories and only 3 grams of sugar.

Tonights dinner was Red Beans & Rice.  It is so good and so easy that I have to share.  It is a recipe from southern living.

Red Beans & Rice
1 pound dried red kidney beans
3 celery stalks chopped
1 medium yellow onion chopped
1 green bell pepper
3 TBSP creole seasoning
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 Lb Andouille sausage, sliced into circles
7 Cups of water

Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve with steamed rice (white jasmine or brown).

Another yummy favorite is berry oatmeal for breakfast, super easy but very yummy.

Berry Oatmeal
1/2 C frozen berry medley
1 half cup old fashion oats
1 tsp ground flax seed (optional)
1 C water
Serve with agave nectar/sweetener and 2 TBSP of half & half

You can either put all of these ingredients in the microwave for 3 minutes or you can cook the oatmeal on the stove and add defrosted berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment