I had about an hour to spare; I called my husband to check in for the day and he suggested that I kill my hour at the mall. What man tells a woman to kill time at the mall? An awesome one! Anyways, I had worn a hole in my Zumba shoes and needed a new pair. I scored some great deals at JC Penny; 2 new pairs of workout capris, 4 new t-shirts and a new pair of shoes from the Shoe Depot. I am looking forward to getting to use some of my new gear at Zumba tomorrow!
As soon I got home I ate some meatloaf, I was pretty hungry. For dinner I made a huge, hearty salad. Recipe is below. There will be a separate post on pumping iron, coming soon. Till then you can read my past post on compound movements here.
Chicken & Chickpea salad
- 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, if desired