My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 4

Today seemed easier!  While I am still wanting that diet soda full of delicious carbonation I still have not had one!  I started off the morning with a protein packed breakfast similar to yesterday.  Then I headed to the gym to meet my friend for some weight lifting.  Today was a jam packed day and I had a hair cut appointment at noon.  I thought that I would come straight home afterwards and eat my left overs from dinner last night and then go pick up my boy from kindergarten.  However, my hair cut took longer than expected and because I live in Greenback I hated to go back home only to have turn around 15 minutes later to go back to Maryville.  So, I ate an apple and ran thru Starbucks for an iced coffee.

I had about an hour to spare; I called my husband to check in for the day and he suggested that I kill my hour at the mall.  What man tells a woman to kill time at the mall? An awesome one!  Anyways, I had worn a hole in my Zumba shoes and needed a new pair.  I scored some great deals at JC Penny; 2 new pairs of workout capris, 4 new t-shirts and a new pair of shoes from the Shoe Depot.  I am looking forward to getting to use some of my new gear at Zumba tomorrow!

As soon I got home I ate some meatloaf, I was pretty hungry.  For dinner I made a huge, hearty salad. Recipe is below.  There will be a separate post on pumping iron, coming soon.  Till then you can read my past post on compound movements here.

Chicken & Chickpea salad
  • 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
  • 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
  • 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 3/4 cup sweet corn 
  • 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
  • 1 small avocado, diced
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, if desired

from ambitiouskitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment