My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 3

Well, I am still craving that one diet coke a day but I have been good and resisted the urge.  Even thought I know that they don't have sugar in them; I have read countless studies on how it tricks your body into thinking that it is real sugar and can still spike insulin levels.

Yesterday I prepped lots of food.  I had bought a 2 Lb pack of really lean ground chuck and I browned 1/3 of it with a little taco seasoning for a salad that we are going to eat later in the week.  The other 2/3 I made a meatloaf and that is what we had for dinner.  I also put a large package of chicken in the crockpot and let it cook on high for 4 hours.  When it was done I shredded it up.  Some of it will be used on the salad I am planning to make for dinner tonight and the other I am going to make up some chicken salad with grapes & nuts for lunches.

Last night I had Zumba and I neglected to finish the 45:15 challenge, but I am going to do it this morning and maybe I can do it again tonight to catch up.  Zumba was awesome!  We had 42 people and there was lots of energy.  I felt like I had spring in my step and I know it was a great workout.

So far, this hasn't been too hard yet.  I have bought some of the precooked crumbled sausage bites from Jimmy Dean and have been making that with one egg and a little bell pepper for breakfast that last two days.  It is yummy, fast, and high in protein.  Because I have been making fairly large dinners there have been left overs which I have enjoyed for lunch.

Headed to the gym soon to lift some weights and do the 45:15!  For those of you interested in my meatloaf recipe, here it is.

Meatloaf
1-1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1/2 C Oatmeal (I use old fashion but quick oats would work too)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 small can tomato sauce
1 egg beaten

Mix all the ingredients together and form into a loaf shape and put in a loaf pan.  Cook at 350 for 1 hour.  When I am not watching my sugar intake I also mix a little ketchup, worchestire sauce and brown sugar and pour it on top for the last 15 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of putting bell pepper in! I will definitely try this one!

    ReplyDelete