My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 2

Today was definitely a little harder.  While I didn't really eat any wheat and only a very small amount of sugar I felt like I over ate other things.  2 helpings of salad, 1.5 apples with dip, extra handful of nuts, etc...you get the point.  It was good healthy food but you can still over eat those too!  I have also been trying to give up diet soda.  I don't drink many, 1-2 a day but they have always been my treat and that cold yummy goodness has probably been the hardest part.

I do love to cook though and I am making some great food.  Here are some of the recipes I ate today!

Autumn Salad
Romaine & Green leaf lettuce
2 pears sliced
1 C of craisins
1/2 C feta cheese
1/2 C chopped pecans
6 slices of lean bacon crumbled

Toss all of this together.  For the dressing you do 75% poppyseed dressing and 25% balsamic vinaigrette.  I use the Newmans Own light.  Shake those together and serve.  Sounds like a weird combo but it is really good.

Since my salad was lacking some good protein and I had some country ribs defrosted I decided to just bake some ribs in the oven.  These were boneless and so good.  I only ate one.  For those of you on a budget these can be delicious and are very reasonably priced.

Oven Ribs
Mix a couple TBSP dijon mustard with 2 tsp of liquid smoke
Coat the ribs with this
Then add a dry rib rub (you can make one or just buy a premixed)
Broil in the oven for 5 minutes
Then bake at 300 for 1.5 hours
Cover with a little BBQ sauce (I use sweet baby rays)
and cook a little longer or broil for a few minutes

They are so tender and taste so good.  A little high in fat but no carbohydrates and high in protein.  If you are are really worried about the fat content then you can trim the ribs better before you start.

No comments:

Post a Comment