My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bye Bye Biggest Loser


So last night I finished the season of Biggest Loser. It was such a good season. It really helped to keep me motivated and I kept wanting to go back for more. I have to admit that when I finished my workout last night I kind of wanted to cry. I was sad, wondering..what will I do now? Nothing will keep me going like the BL.

This season was especially fun to watch as one of the finalists was from Knoxville. I can not believe the results they get. One thing that was evident to me and just validated my thoughts was the last episode before the finale. One of the contestants was determined to finish the BL marathon in record time. He trained, and trained and trained and he did. He finished in 4 hours. That is amazing. That is a pace of 9 miles per hour for the entire 26 miles. Impressive! However at the end of the month, he had gained 2 pounds. How do you train for a marathon, run it in that speed and gain weight? He was binge eating at night. Just shows you that when it comes to losing weight, diet trumps exercise.

I recently watched a video about diet vs. exercise. It was interesting. For disease prevention they are tied, for energy..exercise clearly wins, and for weight loss..diet is the winner. Check it out here. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37726086#37273872

So, I had to think about a new plan. The good news is that I looked on the Biggest Loser website and realized that I have never seen season 4 so I will begin watching it this week. I also learned that there is a BL Australia and a BL U.K. both have about 4 seasons so I shouldn't run out of stuff to watch for a while. This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment