My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yummy Dinner

So yesterday I had a little extra time and decided to try out a few new recipes. I made weight watchers macaroni salad, balsamic chicken and grilled some corn. I had made baked beans a few nights before and had a small amount of left overs. I didnt need the extra calories but it was a good addition to Travis's meal. Here is how I made everything. It was 8 points but way better than a 7 point processed Lean Cuisine.

Balsamic Chicken (3 points)
4 oz Chicken Breast
Mix
2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 garlic clove crushed
Coat Chicken and put in skillet with 1 tsp olive oil and additional marinade

Macaroni Salad (3 points)
2/3 Cup equals one serving
8 oz uncooked macaroni elbow-variety (I used Penne..I like it better)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste (for cooking pasta)
Mix the following, fold in the veggies
1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup(s) celery, chopped
1/3 cup(s) red onion(s), finely chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste

Grilled Corn on the cob (2 points)
Rub the following on the corn with your hand in order to evenly distribute, wrap in foil, grill on medium for 20 minutes, rotating occasionally
1 tsp of butter
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment