My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Game Plan

Since we have family and friends in town we are hosting dinner tomorrow night and while I am enjoying my way of eating I am not so sure that everyone else would. Also several of the recipes I have never tried before and I hate making a new meal for guests. I prefer making something that I know I am good at. Usually for big groups I make pasta, mexican or a casserole just because it is so easy. As you all know, these are loaded with carbs and not an option. I had originally planned on making sesame fish but not everyone like fish and I am having a pretty big group (9 people). This means I needed a new game plan.

I have been racking my brain about what I could make that I could still enjoy some food but my guests would be happy too. I am also hosting a jewelry party on Friday night and need to supply some appetizers. I am trying to at least make one appetizer I can eat. :)

Plan for tomorrow...Meat, vegetable, potato, salad and homemade french bread. I can't eat the potato or bread but I can fill up on meat, veggies and salad. I am thinking about making meatloaf with extra lean ground beef. My recipe is tasty and low in carbohydrates. I think this will be good with everyone. I'll post recipes and more details tomorrow. Not sure about dessert either. Maybe I'll just do coffee and pull something out of my freezer. I know if I go to the effort to make it, I will want to sample it. Then again, my Kitchen Aid mixer just got here today and I am dying to give it a try.

Any ideas for appetizers? Maybe a veggie tray? So boring. Suggestions please!

2 comments:

  1. BTW...if you are wondering about salad...the Chicken Asian Salad I make up is REALLY easy and would be a "complete meal in one" if you served it with French Bread. I think most people like chicken and it is SO good! (http://pinkcookieswithsprinkles.blogspot.com/2011/07/asian-chicken-salad-happiness.html)

    (I don't know if this would work for you because of the tortillas), but we just ate the yummiest lunch...I made up homemade tortillas and we spread them with cream cheese and thinly sliced green onions, radishes, cucumbers, and spinach leaves (all the veggies were from our garden) and we rolled them up cut them into thirds and they were SO delicious! Of course we enjoyed them with a smoothie, but the tortilla roll-ups served with a veggie tray/fruit kabobs and maybe some cheese chunks would make a great appetizer.

    Coffee and a cookie bar (with 2 or 3 different kinds of cookies) is always a hit as well.

    I'm sorry I don't have more ideas that are low in carbs....I'm not much help. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I've been thinking about you while I've been cooking dinner. I'm making Chow Mein, not sure if everyone likes Chow Mein, but it is low on carbs and SO easy and yummy to make. (http://pinkcookieswithsprinkles.blogspot.com/2009/03/economcially-delicious-chow-mein.html)

    Also, another great hit that is low carb and full of lots of veggies/little meat is Sweet and Sour Stir Fry. (this is what we made when you and Travis came by at Thanksgiving Time) http://pinkcookieswithsprinkles.blogspot.com/2009/02/sunday-sweet-sour-chicken-stir-fry.html

    OR, another hit that is great (people can choose their own toppings) is "Hawaiian Haystacks". (http://pinkcookieswithsprinkles.blogspot.com/2010/02/adding-fun-to-dinnertime.html)

    You don't have to use any of these, I've just have made all three of these for get-togethers and they feed alot of people easily and they are fairly low on carbs.

    You could also make a pot of chili and have baked potatoes (that you just cook in your crock pot) and kind of have a potato bar with different toppings for them.

    I'm sure whatever you do it will be a HIT...everything you do is always over-the-top amazing!!!!

    Have a fun night!

    ReplyDelete